This is a piece I’m working on, reacting to the situation in Ukraine. I showed something of this a few posts back.
I’ve cut sheets of coloured polyester Pronto plates into strips and stitched them together. Because the material isn’t very pliable and I cannot manoeuvre it very well underneath the machine, I just keep attaching new strips to one and the same side. This means that I only need to have each new and narrow strip underneath the arm of the machine.
I cannot pin the strips of polyester material together, so instead, I use strips of Solufix, which is a water-soluble adhesive fabric. After stitching I just put the piece into water until the adhesive is dissolved.